Happy Mother's Day! Here are a few pictures of our Mother's Day with my mom. Will took all his girls out to a wonderful dinner. There was a wedding on the golf course behind the restaurant and it was also prom. So, there were so many pretty dresses for the girls to see. They were on overload. They had a wonderful time seeing all the dresses and the dinner was excellent. If ever in Hanover PA I highly recommend Bentley's at the Barn. Delicious! I am so fortunate that I was able to spend Mother's Day with my mom. She is a wonderful lady and blesses all who are lucky enough to know her. Thanks Mom for making me the mother I am today. I love you! Happy Mother's Day.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Friday, May 9, 2008
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Since I am a Florida native I thought I would pass this along. I can relate to many many of these and I know my family will to. Long live my denim winter coat!
1) Socks are only for bowling
2) You never use an umbrella because you know the rain will be over in five minutes
3) A good parking place has nothing to do with distance from the store, but everything to do with shade
4) Your winter coat is made of denim
5) You can tell the difference between fire ant bites and mosquito bites
6) You're younger than thirty but some of your friends are over 65
7) Anything under 70 is chilly
8) You pass on the right and honk at the elderly, but pull over for a funeral
9) You have to drive north to get to The South
10) You know that anything under a Category 3 just isn't worth waking up for
11) You dread love bug season
12) You know what a snowbird is and when they'll leave
13) You think a six-foot alligator is actually pretty average
14) 'Down South' means Key West
15) Flip-flops are everyday wear
16) Shoes are for business meetings and church, but you HAVE worn flip flops to church before
17) Sweet tea can be served at any meal
18) An alligator once walked through your neighborhood
19) You have a drawer full of bathing suits, and one sweatshirt
20) You get annoyed at the tourists who feed seagulls
21) You think everyone from a bigger city has a northern accent
22) You know the four seasons really are: hurricane season, love bug season, tourist season and summer
23) It's not soda, cola, or pop. it's coke, regardless of brand or flavor, 'What kinda coke you want?'
24) Anything under 95 is just warm
25) You've hosted a hurricane party
26) You understand the futility of exterminating cockroaches
27) You can pronounce Okeechobee, Kissimmee , Ichnatucknee and Withlacoochee
28) You understand why it's better to have a friend with a boat, than have a boat yourself
29) Bumper stickers on the pickup in front of you include: various fish, NRA, NASCAR, Go Gators, and a confederate flag
30) You've worn shorts and used the A/C on Christmas
31) You recognize Miami-Dade as ' Northern Cuba '
Posted by Amanda at 9:45 PM
The girls got a couple of new dresses that they are so excited about. So excited in fact that they both woke me up this morning at 5:45am ready to get dressed. And yes, they accessorized with their sunglasses all by themselves. I thought we had this allergy issue under control. The girls look good to me, but apparently love is blind. Both of the girls eyes are swollen. I just love allergy season. They still look like little princess' to me. Enjoy!
Posted by Amanda at 9:37 PM